My first vape was a Nectar Platinum. Comparing it to the Mighty is like comparing a sports car to a moped. My most honest and blunt assessment is that the Nectar Platinum is complete dogshit.
Allow me to enumerate the reasons why the Nectar Platinum is, in my humble opinion, complete and utter dross of the lowest calibre:
1) Even though the Platinum has a removable battery, to get any kind of decent hit you need to turn the temperature so high that you rinse batteries in 3 (10 min) sessions. I had to carry loads (four) around with me. This isn't helpful. The Mighty's non-removable batteries last all day, and are quick to charge. You can also use the Mighty while the batteries are empty if you connect it to the charger.
2) The Platinum gets hot as fuck after 5 minutes, which isn't comfortable to hold, and isn't safe for the batteries. The Mighty never gets hot.
3) The Platinum barely puts out any vapour. I am convinced it's a less efficient extraction than the Mighty (since the seal isn't airtight, just held on by a magnet). I get much higher off a dosing capsule than a packed Platinum bowl. The Mighty gives you clouds of tasty, potent vapour. It's an absolute pleasure to use.
4) After a couple of bowls the airflow of the Platinum is ruined and it's hard to hit, which wastes even more flower as you're trying to pull vapour through a wall of over-toasted AVB. If you can handle sucking in high-THC resin into your mouth, you could probably go months without cleaning a Mighty cooling unit, and people have famously gone years without cleaning the bowl (though I don't recommend either strategy) with no drop in performance. It delivers for you every time without fail. No fucking around. The Mighty is there for you.
5) Because of 4 the Platinum requires regular cleaning, with lots of small parts needing careful attention. With the Mighty you can just switch cooling units while you leave most of the dirty one (not the o-rings) in iso overnight and the job's done.
6) The Nectar Platinum costs £120 and the Mighty costs £185. Fuck Nectar Medical Vapes.
In conclusion: buy a Mighty and never look back. If you can afford an ounce of flower, you can afford a Mighty. It'll pay for itself, compared to your Gold. Peace ✌️
EDIT – After re-reading this, I think I should have just said it's like comparing a steak to a fresh piece of dogshit. 🤙